Follow these steps to become a NCRCS member:
- To satisfy our insurance requirements, you must become a Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Full (OPEN) Member. This will cost you $75/year if you are an adult, $65/year for seniors 65 years and older. Kids under 19 years old are free. You will get a free subscription to the AMA monthly magazine as well. Note that for insurance purposes the Park Pilot membership is not sufficient.
- Once you have your AMA membership number, fill out a membership application and send it along with a check for $20 payable to New Canaan Remote Control Society to:
Roger Kleinert, 17 Gardiner St, Darien, CT
Please note the FAA requires you to do two things to legally fly an Unmanned Aircraft System in US airspace. The club does not enforce these requirements but most instructor will for training and checkout flights.
- First you must be registered as a pilot with the FAA. You must display your registration number on the outer surface of your aircraft, and you must have your registration certificate with you while flying. There is a small charge for registration. You can register here: https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/
- Second, you must pass a simple online test to demonstrate you know and understand the safety rules associated with UAS flight. The TRUST test can be found here: TRUST TEST. You must also have your TRUST certificate with you while flying. Care is required when printing the certificate, you only get one chance.
Membership renewal will happen when we receive: Payment of your annual dues, verification of your AMA membership, and verification that you have read and will abide by the AMA and Club flying rules. To renew your membership by mail or in person you can fill out a renewal application and provide payment as indicated below. To renew your membership via PayPal follow the link provided below.
Annual Dues for 2021 will be:
- Paid on or before December 16, 2021:
- Paid by PayPal: $15
- Paid by cash or check: $20
- Paid after December 16, 2021:
- Paid by PayPal: $20
- Paid by cash or check: $25
- For members that joined after September 1, 2021, free carry over from 2019.
This year you can pay your membership two ways:
By check payable to NCRCS, and mailed to: Chris Rowan; 86 Old Norwalk Rd; New Canaan, Ct 06840